[gst-devel] compilation with MinGW: undefined reference to `_imp__*'

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Tue Jan 2 16:48:50 CET 2007

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Michal Benes wrote:

> 	I can't, I do not have working Windows environment at this moment. Post
> the patch to bugzilla.

done

>>> There are several people working on Windows port of GStreamer, but it
>>> seems that the effort is not much coordinated, at least there is no
>>> comprehensive HOWTO for newcomers. We still need somebody to do that ;-)
>>
>> Hehe, indeed. Maybe I'll write something this week ;-) That will be only
>> for MSYS/MinGW.
>
> We (former Xeris) have started something at http://gstreamer.xeris.cz/
> but we do not support this anymore. Also there is
> http://ciampix.net:8080/proj/wiki/MinGwEnvironment
> If you write something new, let me know, I will link to you from our
> web. Also note that matroska folks (see Christians e-mail from Dec30)
> are very interested in GStreamer on Windows and may provide some
> assistance.

there are some things that I would not have done in that tutorial (like
compiling all the libiconv, libintl, bison, flex, are they are available
in the gnuwin32 site, same for glib, pango in Tor's website, libxml2 in
Daniel Veillard's site). I would have not exported the CFLGAS variable
(useless, and wrong values, btw), or at least , I would have set it to
-O2, to get rid of the addition of -g that autoconf does (in a release
mode).

Such documentation must be in the gstreamer ADM, imho (in
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter-win32.html#section-win32-build)

>> Right now, the adapter_test.c file does not compile because it includes
>> sys/time.h. I've suppressed the compilation of the tests and the
>> compilation of gstreamer finished :-)
>
> Please create bugs for this.

done

> I do not know about your goals, but you might be interested in
> http://gstreamer.xeris.cz/ixion/ixion.html player. It is a minimalistic
> video player for Windows and Linux (it was originally only for gst 0.8,
> and I have not ported everything to 0.10). The original author seems to
> be quite willing to merge patches.

My aim is trying gstreamer with avisynth
(http://avisynth3.unite-video.com/) on windows with mingw.

regards

Vincent Torri