[gst-devel] write ogg tags

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Jan 2 19:34:55 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 18:08 +0100, Andreas Volz wrote:

> It was only to control that all tags are correct written. But not all
> tags are printed. GST_TAG_LOCATION wasn't printed by the above
> command. See here the source:
>
>   gst_tag_setter_add_tags (tagsetter,
>                            GST_TAG_MERGE_REPLACE_ALL,
> 			   GST_TAG_LOCATION, "GPS 123456790",
> 			   GST_TAG_LICENSE, "Creative Commons
> 				Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5", NULL);
>
> result: there's no GST_TAG_LOCATION. Where is it?

There's probably a mapping from the GStreamer tag (GST_TAG_LOCATION) to
the right vorbis tag ("LOCATION", "LOC?", "GPSPOSITION"?) missing.
Please file a bug about that, preferably with a link to references
suggesting what the proper vorbis tag most likely should be (for example
a spec or examples of other applications using a particular tag for
something similar).

> All string fields are gchar. But what's about other languages like
> chinese or cyrillic? I assume this field is unicode. But UTF8? UTF16?
> Little Endian? Big Endian? I know the situation for MP3 because I read
> the spec some time ago. But how is it for vorbis?

All strings you get from GStreamer or pass to GStreamer are supposed to
be UTF-8 unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Cheers
 -Tim