[gst-devel] compilation with MinGW: undefined reference to `_imp__*'

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Tue Jan 2 21:02:08 CET 2007

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Alberto Botti wrote:

> Il giorno mar, 02/01/2007 alle 16.48 +0100, Vincent Torri ha scritto:
>> there are some things that I would not have done in that tutorial (like
>> compiling all the libiconv, libintl, bison, flex, are they are available
>> in the gnuwin32 site, same for glib, pango in Tor's website, libxml2 in
>> Daniel Veillard's site). I would have not exported the CFLGAS variable
>> (useless, and wrong values, btw), or at least , I would have set it to
>> -O2, to get rid of the addition of -g that autoconf does (in a release
>> mode).
>
> The problem with linking with prebuilt libraries is that they often link
> to different versions of the libraries they depend on (so I had to keep
> 2-3 different DLLs for libiconv, libxml and others), and the pkg-config
> files installed with them pointed to different installation prefixes. I
> haven't found the way to work around the library issue, so I just
> recompiled everything.

i've never had problems with them. Of course, re-compiling everything is
safer, but quite longer too

> About CFLAGS: I wasn't able to make "configure" find some libraries
> which don't use pkg-config (such as GTK+ looking for jpeg) in any other
> way. Nice to see that the values where wrong but they worked anyway :)
> My experience with Windows as a developer is limited, so I just applied
> these old UNIX hacks...

if you install jpeg in /usr, no problem. Otherwise, yes. But I would like
to mention that all the -I*** flags are related to the prepocessor, so
they should go into CPPFLAGS. Same for -L***, that should go into LDFLAGS.

> Note that it was written just as a rough guide to get a build
> environment working and to make sure I don't forget what I did. Feel
> free to point other problems or solutions, I don't really mantain that
> page as the Win32 port of my application is a really low-priority
> objective. If I only had the time to work on the high-priority ones :)

I would add in /etc/profile all the exports you mentioned (with my
changes and export CFLAGS=-O2), so that the env is well set each time msys
is launched.

I would add theora and libvisual as dependancies of gst-plugins-base

I think that all the other dependancies for the other packages should be
tested. It's a lot of boring work :/

regards

Vincent Torri