[gst-devel] write ogg tags

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Jan 3 00:51:03 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 23:39 +0100, Andreas Volz wrote:

> Hm, new problem:
>
> GST_TAG_EXTENDED_COMMENT isn't available in gstreamer-plugins-base
> 0.10.7. :-(
>
> No problem in Gentoo, but I don't like to install exerimental packages
> into Ubuntu.

Last time I checked edgy was the latest ubuntu stable release, shipping
gst-plugins-base 0.10.10 ;)

However, even if you don't want to upgrade, you can still run one or
more 'uninstalled' GStreamer trees at any location. Those won't affect
your system installation at all. See

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/faq/html/chapter-developing.html#developing-uninstalled-gstreamer

for more details. You should be able to compile well-behaved
autotoolised GStreamer applications (such as totem, for example) against
an uninstalled GStreamer in the same way.

 Cheers
  -Tim