[gst-devel] binary asking for GTK

Sébastien Moutte sebastien at moutte.net
Tue Jan 9 10:28:27 CET 2007

Hi Ram,

Yes, the setup installer of gtrseamer core is using GTK runtime
installer to install the glib on the system.
This is done to prevent installing many copy of the glib (which could be
different versions) in different folders which will must be added to the
PATH.
But applications using gstreamer can install a private copy of gstreamer
and the glib in their folders. The thing is that they should NOT add
their private copy of the glib to the PATH.

Sebastien