[gst-devel] win32 build environment for gstreamer applications

Giovanni De Gasperis giovanni at giodegas.it
Tue Jan 9 12:24:33 CET 2007

Hi Sébastien,

I am being naive on a blank windows XP machine in order to make sure
that I could build gstreamer apps without dependency problems...
(hopefully ;-)

I did this:

1. installed GTK Runtime (2.10.6-1)
2. installed GSTREAMER installer from your gstreamer-0.10.11.setup.zip
3. extracted the DEV libs from your gstreamer-0.10.11.win32dev.zip
4. setup the Visual Studio to use the gstreamer include and lib
6. wrote an hello world gstreamer application with the following include:
#include <gst/gst.h>

7. building... Error!
c:\...\gstreamer\0.10\include\gst\gst.h(27) : fatal error C1083:
Cannot open include file: 'glib.h': No such file or directory

So what's next?
Probably GLIB win32-dev package is missing. Which one I should install?
Maybe this one:
http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/dia-installer/glib-dev-2.2.1.zip
?

Should your installer include/point to this library?

Thank you for your great work and suggestions

gdg