[gst-devel] filtering elementary streams from a DVD MPEG-2 program stream

Matt Barclay mbarclay at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 18:35:48 CET 2007

Hello,

I am trying to pick out just the main video, english, and commentary
elementary streams from a DVD that has multiple audio and video
tracks.  I then want to multiplex these ES's back into an MPEG-2
stream.  It doesn't matter if that's a transport stream or a program
stream.  I'm going to stream it over my WLAN and I don't want a bunch
of extra video and audio tracks taking up bandwidth.

First, I'm trying to just demux and mux the stream (then I'll tackle
network transport).  I thought this would work, but gstreamer just
sits there prerolling the pipeline and never does any work:

gst-launch dvdreadsrc ! dvddemux name="d" d.video_00 ! queue !
ffmux_vob name=m ! filesink location=/tmp/movie.vob d.audio_00 ! queue
! m.

Can anyone suggest a pipeline that can separate the ES's and remux
into a TS or PS ?  I am running:
gst-launch-0.10 version 0.10.11
GStreamer 0.10.11

Thanks in advance!