[gst-devel] gstreamer on Win32

Kevin Wong simon.simonwong at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 07:57:18 CET 2007

Hi,
I want to build a gstreamer on windows, so i follow
http://perso.orange.es/moutte983/gstreamer/ to build my application on
windows. After that I can compile my application at vs 2005 C++ express.
Finally when i run my application, the command line is shown that:
** (XXXX.exe:3560): CRITICAL **: file
X:\devel-release\src_releases\gstreamer
\gst\gstinfo.c: line 413: assertion `category != NULL' failed
And the application can't running.
BTW, i hv using the vc debugger. I hv observer that when the gst_init
(&argc, &argv); was executed, the command line was shown the msg.
what can i do?
i hv installed the follow
gstreamer-0.10.11.win32dev
gstreamer-0.10.11.win32
gstreamer-0.10.11.setup
gtk+-2.10.6-1-setup
pkgconfig-0.18
libxml2-2.6.27
libiconv-1.11

Finally i want to ask should i place the "libgstreamer-0.10.dll" this dll
file to the debug file when run my application? Should that hv another way
to combine the exe with this file?

Thank for your help.