[gst-devel] Link function is not being triggered for sink-pad of plugin.

Vinayak vinayak.pane at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 12:53:46 CET 2007

Hi Everyone,

I have written my-filter plugin and a my-sink plugin.
When I connect this my-sink plugin to filesrc directly its link function for
sinkpad is triggered.

Now when the filter plugin is connected in between, the link for disp-sink
sinkpad is not triggered.

pipeline:   filesrc location=xyz !  my-filter  !  my-sink

In this case, the link functions for srcpad & sinkpad of my-filter are
called by gstreamer while linking.
But the link-function associated with my-sink is not being called at all.

What could be the possible reason for this behaviour ?
Please suggest some points if I'm missing something here.

Thanks in advance,
Vinayak