[gst-devel] Problem with g_object_set

René Stadler mail at renestadler.de
Fri Jan 12 20:45:52 CET 2007

Am Freitag, den 12.01.2007, 18:40 +0100 schrieb Patrick Holthaus:
> Hello again!
>
> > Can somebody tell me if my _get_property, _set_property, _chain function
> > and header file do what they are supposed to do? I want to remember a
> > pointer plus a jobject to use them in the _chain function. These should be
> > set via the g_object_set function.
>
> Noone has a hint? Could you tell me, if i should ask GTK devs instead? But I
> think some people here have done that several times. Please if you have any
> advise, tell me.
>
> Thanks
> Patrick

I cannot spot anything that could be wrong with that code.  Then again,
I don't know about Java stuff.  A comment in your code indicates that
you observe a hang on this line (in the chain function):

jmethodID mid = (*env)->GetMethodID(env, cls, "testOutput", "()V");

The chain function is executed in the streaming thread.  Could this be
the problem here?  If I understand this correctly, you are calling into
the Java intepreter or something.  Maybe it doesn't like that if the
call is coming from a thread it doesn't know about.

--
Regards,
  René Stadler