[gst-devel] sink-plugin does not terminates properly.

Vinayak vinayak.pane at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 13:08:40 CET 2007

Hi,

On 1/11/07, Wim Taymans <wim at fluendo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 20:26 +0530, Vinayak wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have written my-sink plugin, this plugin never exits normally. No
> > matter what pipeline elements I have used.
> > It just keeps on running somewhere, I dont know where the control goes
> > after EOS event. I have handled the events.
> A sinks posts an EOS message after it received the EOS event and played
> its buffered data (but only in PLAYING), this triggers EOS in the
> application.

I could see the same behaviour in my filter plugin as well.
They dont exit on their own. Or may be the application to create a pipe Im
using is gst-launch.
Probably the gst-launch is not able to handle the proper control on that.

In my filter plugins I do a _initialization of my plugin in "NULL_TO_READY"
state change and I do a finalize it in "READY_TO_NULL" state change. I have
forwarded the EOS event to next sink plugin. (gst_pad_push_event)

Where do the control go now ? It has passed through my event routines and
state change routines. But even after that I could see that the process
keeps on running there in background always.

Thanks
./v