[gst-devel] Wavparse to rip apart compressed audio? Newbie Q.

Edward Averill edaverill at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 18 01:02:09 CET 2007

Ok, I have some RIFF-format files I need to get the fmt info from. The data
inside is compressed, but I have an element that will handle that...

What I'm wondering is: is there any reason I can't use the data output from
the wavparse element to feed my decoder?  And is there an example of how to
get the channels/bit depth/etc. information out of the wavparse element, or
will I need to write my own wavparse-like library that will give me access
to that information? I see that I can use the gstriff library to help with
this, if needed.

Sorry if this is a newbie type question, my last element was standalone and
I'm trying to Use What's There this time rather than Re-Invent The Wheel.

...ed..