[gst-devel] gst-application stuck at 'gst_object_unref'

Vinayak vinayak.pane at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 19:24:30 CET 2007

Hi,
On 1/18/07, Ville Syrjälä <syrjala at sci.fi> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 06:40:29PM +0530, Vinayak wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> > My gst-application gets stuck at gst_object_unref function which is
> called
> > after the main loop is over and
> > pipeline state is set to NULL. The call is made to destroy all the
> elements
> > related to pipeline ? CMIMW.
>
> Do you unref all elements or just the pipeline? When you add an element
> to a bin, the bin becomes the owner of said element, so you must not
> unref the element yourself. If you want to keep a reference for yourself
> you have to sink the element before adding it to a bin.

I do unref only to pipeline, not all elements. The elements I am adding to
bin contains  'my-filter' (my own plugin). The plugin works alright and does
the finalization part too. In gst-application Im just creating a pipeline,
adding elements to it and then once the main loop is over I proceed further
for setting state to NULL But the application does not come out of
"gst_unref_object(pipeline)"

-Vinayak