[gst-devel] gst-application stuck at 'gst_object_unref'

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 21:33:34 CET 2007

On 1/18/07, Vinayak <vinayak.pane at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 1/18/07, ensonic <ensonic at hora-obscura.de> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > On 2:10:29 pm 18/01/2007 Vinayak <vinayak.pane at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Everyone,
> > > My gst-application gets stuck at gst_object_unref function which is
> > > called after the main loop is over and pipeline state is set to NULL.
> >
> > whats happening? a crash? for the refcount related thing you might wanna
> > try http://refdbg.sf.net . You could also attach your source, so that we
> can
> > look at it.
>
> No there is no crash.  It  doesn't  terminate at all , I have to kill that
> process.

 hmm... are you shutting down your pipeline from a signal callback and
not from a bus message by any chance ? It sems like a deadlock because
you try to shut down the pipeline from a streaming thread.

  As mentionned before, seeing your code would be much easier to spot the error.

   Edward

> > > The call is made to destroy all the elements related to pipeline ?
> > > CMIMW.
> > >
> > > What could be the possible causes for this ?
> > > I doubt that the buffers in my-filter plugin chain function are not
> > > unreferenced properly. How can I check memory leaks in my filter
> > > plugin ?
> > Leaks can be tracked down with 'valgrind'. But that wond't help for
> > refcount issues.
>
> I will try 'valgrind' this soon for memory leaks if any.
>
> Vinayak

Edward Hervey
Multimedia editing developer / Fluendo S.A.
http://www.pitivi.org/