[gst-devel] about popular applications based on GStreamer framework

Christian F.K. Schaller christian at fluendo.com
Wed Jan 24 15:27:10 CET 2007

Hi Irene,
I don't know if there are any popularity rankings anywhere. I guess
based on my subjective view of community 'buzz', then Jokosher
(http://www.jokosher.org/), Thoggen(http://thoggen.net/), Gossip
(http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Gossip) (VoiP) are other big name
applications currently.

One place to get a feel for popularity would be to go to
www.gnomefiles.org and search for GStreamer. That would give you a list
of GStreamer using applications listed there and you could see based on
downloads and amount of comments which are quite popular.

Christian