[gst-devel] strange problem with two sink elements in a pipeline

Antoine Pitrou antoine.pitrou at wengo.com
Fri Jan 26 18:04:06 CET 2007

Hi,

I encounter a strange behaviour of gstreamer with some custom elements
written in Python. I have a custom element which acts as a demuxer and
has one sink pad and two source pads. I want to attach each of those
source pads to a custom sink element.

I observe the following behaviour:
- when I add only one sink element to the pipeline, everything works
fine (buffers flow as intended)
- when I add two sink elements as intended, things get messy ; buffers
get to the custom "demuxer" element but, when fed to one of the source
pads, they aren't transmitted to the linked sink element

I attach a Python program which reproduces this behaviour.
"python gst-bug.py 0" works fine.
"python gst-bug.py 1" exhibits the bug: nothings gets at the sink.

Regards

Antoine.