[gst-devel] gstreamer 0.10.12 -> 0.10.13: nothing happens when PAUSE -> PLAY

Fabrice Triboix gstdbg at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 16:17:06 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I upgraded from gstreamer-0.10.12 to
gstreamer-0.10.13,
and this strange problem occurred in a plugin of mine:

With gstreamer-0.10.12, I do (using a small apps of
mine):
     READY -> PAUSE => that's OK
then PAUSE -> PLAY  => that's OK
then PLAY  -> PAUSE => that's OK
then PAUSE -> PLAY  => that's OK

With gstreamer-0.10.13:
     READY -> PAUSE => that's OK
then PAUSE -> PLAY  => that's OK
then PLAY  -> PAUSE => that's OK
then PAUSE -> PLAY  => nothing happens

These changes of states are done on the whole
pipeline.
If I put some debug traces in the change_state()
function of my element, I can see that in the first
case it is called properly, but in the second case, it
is not called at all when switching from PAUSE to
PLAY...

Does anybody have an idea of what's going on?

Thanks a lot for any help!

  Fabrice