[gst-devel] "Bus error " while running examples

Maruthi Srinivas maruthisrinivasb at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 07:06:33 CEST 2007

Hi all

I have build gstreamer for ARM 11 and was trying to run examples to make sure build was ok.  But when i run  gst-inspect, gst-launch etc... iam getting error -
"Bus error ! "

 Actually i need to provide hardware Audio/video decoders and as such i dont need alsa ,mad plugins etc.

 Am i right in my approach ? What is this Bus error. i tried to debug using printf but i could n't see  main func is being called from gst-inspect.c First main function from gst-run.c is invoked and finally its trying to do execv of gst-inspect.At this stage iam getting Bus error.

please help me , what all i need to invoke gst-inspect (or other tools ) successfully.

Regards
MS.