[gst-devel] Can't play raw YV12 file

Florent THIERY florent.thiery at partycast.eu
Wed Jul 18 20:20:58 CEST 2007

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to ask...

I am trying to take a raw yuv file into gstreamer. With playbin
(gst-launch-0.10 playbin) element i get:
** Message: don't know how to handle application/x-yuv4mpeg, y4mversion=(int)1

What i don't get is that mplayer can read it ok:
Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
VDec: vo config request - 400 x 400 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [xv] 400x400 => 400x400 Planar YV12
Selected video codec: [rawyv12] vfm: raw (RAW YV12)

And the gst-ffmpeg plugin seems to be here:
$ gst-inspect-0.10 | grep y4m
ffmpeg: fftype_yuv4mpegpipe: y4m

I looked for documentation about how to use gst-ffmpeg without
success. Could anyone point me to how to specify the right options
(without relaying on the autodetection), once i'll get it playing it
will be much more easier...

I can provide a file sample if needed.

Thanks a lot

Florent