[gst-devel] Gstreamer cdda:// on Winodow

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Jul 19 14:50:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

Quoting Scott Peterson <lunchtimemama at gmail.com>:

> Hey Sébastien, I have another Gstreamer/Windows related question I was
> hoping you could help me out with. I want to play an audio CD with Gstreamer
> but when I try this:
>
> gst-launch-0.10.exe playbin uri=cdda://1
>
> I get this:
>
> ERROR: from element /playbin0: A Audio CD source plugin is required to play
> this stream, but not installed.
>
> Someone on IRC said that Gstreamer doesn't have cdda support on Windows and
> I was wondering if there exists some plugin for this. If not, where in the
> code would I go about implementing this, and how difficult do you suppose it
> would be?

I am not Sebastien, but lets see :)
$ gst-inspect | grep cdda
cdparanoia:  cdparanoiasrc: CD Audio (cdda) Source, Paranoia IV
cdio:  cdiocddasrc: CD audio source (CDDA)

These are the unix plugins we have.
$ gst-inspect cdio
tells us that this has cdiocddasrc and
$ gst-inspect cdiocddasrc
tells us that it inherits from a GstCddaBaseSrc. So it you know what
library one uses to read cdda stuff on windows, I woul suggest to make
a copy of that cdio plugin and replace those unix specify calls with
the windows api.

Stefan