[gst-devel] Help needed resolving pipeline error.

Steven Stromer filter at stevenstromer.com
Mon Jul 23 20:41:23 CEST 2007

Stefan Kost wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> okay, get ready for a dose of gstreamer debug logs :)
>
> This fragemnt is enought to test if the m4a decoding works.
> GST_DEBUG="*:2" gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=foo.m4a ! decodebin ! fakesink
>
> If that works, you should also be able to play it.
> GST_DEBUG="*:2" gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file://$PWD/foo.m4a
>
> (the GST_DEBUG="*:2" displays warnings from all log domains)
> Now if that works as well try this again:
> GST_DEBUG="*:2" gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=foo.m4a ! decodebin !
> audioconvert ! audioresample ! lame ! filesink location=foo.mp3
>
> any warnings?

Thank you so much for assistance. First test fails miserably with:

0:00:00.193359000 24259 0x96d0a08 WARN              GST_PADS
gstpad.c:674:gst_pad_set_active: Failed to activate pad '':sink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
0:00:00.212694000 24259 0x96ef750 WARN               basesrc
gstbasesrc.c:1614:gst_base_src_loop:<filesrc0> error: Internal data flow
error.
0:00:00.213020000 24259 0x96ef750 WARN               basesrc
gstbasesrc.c:1614:gst_base_src_loop:<filesrc0> error: streaming task
paused, reason not-linked (-1)
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/filesrc0: Internal data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(1614): gst_base_src_loop (): /pipeline0/filesrc0:
streaming task paused, reason not-linked (-1)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...