[gst-devel] RELEASE: GStreamer 0.10.13 'With or without you'
thaytan at noraisin.net
thaytan at noraisin.net
Tue Jun 5 15:52:23 CEST 2007
This mail announces the release of GStreamer 0.10.13 'With or without you'.
GStreamer is a streaming media framework that allows the construction of
graphs of elements which operate on media data.
Applications using this library can do anything from real-time sound processing
over playing video to capturing audio, video, and even other types of media
Its architecture allows for adding new data types or processing capabilities
simply by installing new plug-ins.
GStreamer is the core module, containing libraries, headers, the basic object
hierarchy, and a set of media-agnostic core elements.
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gstreamer.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gstreamer+%28core%29
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamerÂ 0.10.13 "With or without you"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
The 0.10.x series has been reworked for threadsafety. It also features
various feature additions and enhancements.
This module, gstreamer, only contains core functionality.
For actual media playback, you will need other modules.
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Latency handling infrastructure for live playback scenarios
* State change handling changes
* GstController property handling improved
* Various bug fixes and improvements
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
Bugs fixed in this release
* 440682 : gst/gstsystemclock unit test occasionally fails
* 342564 : Configure options causing compilation to fail
* 378255 : Swedish translation updated
* 392804 : [API] add GST_CORE_ERROR_DISABLED
* 412648 : [filesink] reports wrong (byte) position after seeking
* 413123 : No XML dependency patch
* 415394 : [identity] post message for imperfect streams if check-pe...
* 417992 : Quickly playing/pausing messes up synchronization
* 420106 : [basetransform] race on shutdown: setcaps func called aft...
* 420206 : Collectpads causes a segv. when stopping after a pad remove
* 421480 : Make it possible to build without libxml2 with --disable-...
* 421543 : [GstPad] Doesn't check if pad accepts caps after caps change
* 422295 : GstController crashes with quadratic and cubic interpolat...
* 425400 : Multiqueue leaks memory when releasing sink pads
* 431150 : compilation fails with flex 2.5.4
* 431940 : [API] add gst_buffer_try_new_and_alloc()
* 432876 : current time level in queue
* 434926 : Multilib conflicts with gst-launch-0.10 man page
* 435880 : [GstBin] Property to allow bins to handle child async cha...
* 437563 : URIs with upper-case protocol don't play
* 440463 : gstbin unit test sometimes hangs waiting for ASYNC_DONE m...
* 441159 : Regression in state change handling
* 349180 : gst_parse_launch is not reentrant (or recursively callable)
* 414986 : Don't start the async thread for the system clock until n...
* 393099 : GstBuffer copy vfunc broken?
* 419851 : pad-added and pad-removed signals parameter type incorrect
* 420133 : gst_element_sync_state_with_parent should look at pending...
* 421177 : Possible deadlock if pad eventfunc is not specified
API changed in this release
- API additions:
* fakesink::num-buffers property
* basesrc::prepare_seek_segment vmethod
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Applications ported to GStreamer 0.10 include Totem, RhythmBox, Sound-Juicer,
Gnome Media, Flumotion, Amarok, Jamboree, Pitivi, Istanbul, AnnoAmp, Elisa, and others.
Let us know if you want to be added to this list.
Contributors to this release
* Ville Syrjala
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Evan Nemerson
* Jan Schmidt
* Jeroen Wouters
* Marc-Andre Lureau
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Michael Smith
* Mogens Jaeger
* Olivier Crete
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Sebastien Moutte
* Stefan Kost
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Tommi MyÃ¶hÃ¤nen
* Wim Taymans
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the gstreamer-devel