[gst-devel] recorded audio data is truncated

Sanjay Gupta sanjayg417 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 13:36:02 CEST 2007

Hi all,
 I recorded the sound in .wav format using the following pipeline.

alsasrc ! audioconvert ! wavenc ! filesink location=filename.wav

I started recording by setting the pipeline to GST_STATE_PLAYING state.
and I stopped recording by simply setting the pipeline state to
GST_STATE_NULL.
I recorded the sound for 20 sec but when I am playing it using totem movie
player then I see total time as 18 sec.
why it is truncating last 2 sec audio data?
can someone suggest what to do to get complete data?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Sanjay