[gst-devel] Problems with USB speakers

Rodrigo Castro rodrigo.castro at mezzano.com.br
Thu Jun 21 12:59:06 CEST 2007

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Kost wrote:
> Quoting Rodrigo Castro <rodrigo.castro at mezzano.com.br>:
>>
>> One additional information. I tried to change the rate from 44100 down
>> to 8000 and I always have the same error message as below.
>>
> setting the sample-rate fails even though the driver says its
> supported. Can you try to enforce 48kHz:
>
> GST_DEBUG="alsa*:5" GST_DEBUG_NO_COLOR=1 gst-launch-0.10 2>debug.log
> filesrc
> location=my.ogg ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec ! audioconvert ! audioresample
> ! audio/x-raw-int,rate=48000,channels=2,width=16,depth=16,signed=true
> ! alsasink
> device=hw:1

I did it and, with "signed=true", it fails with "erroneous pipeline:
could not link audioresample0 to alsasink0" message. Removing the
"signed=true", it behaves apparently as expected (without any error
messages), but no sound comes out of the speakers. I attach both
debug.log files for your analysis.

Thanks!
Rodrigo