[gst-devel] Problem with vorbis-encoder

Fridtjof Busse fbusse at gmx.de
Sun Jun 24 14:32:05 CEST 2007

Hi,
I'm using gstreamer 0.10.12 on Ubuntu feisty to encode my CDs to Vorbis
with soundjuicer as the ripper.
Soundjuices uses a pipe like this:
audio/x-raw-float,rate=44100,channels=2 ! vorbisenc name=enc
quality=0.6 ! oggmux

But I have some audio-files (e.g. "Throne Room" from Star Wars IV) that
doesn't get encoded correctly, I always get crackling noise near the
end of the track. I reencoded three times, everytime the same thing
happens. And no, the crackling noise is not on the CD.
Any idea what might be wrong?
I never had this problem with oggenc itself (but it is at least two
times slower when used with abcde).

--
Fridtjof Busse