[gst-devel] mp3dec seek problem

zhangfei gao gaozhangfei at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Mar 1 08:59:43 CET 2007

hi,

  I want to support seek in mp3dec, testing like this
gst-launch filesrc location=xx.mp3 ! mp3dec ! alsasink

  But frequently after seeking, audio will blocking about 1~5 seconds, at the same time, print following message
  WARNING: Element "alsasink0" warns: gstbaseaudiosink.c(696): gst_base_audio_sink_render (): /pipeline0/alsasink0:
Unexpected discontinuity in audio timestamps of more than half a second (0:00:11.394603174), resyncing

  In sinkpad_event, I use "gst_event_new_new_segment" with new timestamp, which is calculated by new seek offset.
In chain function I use new timestamp as new start point.

  Still I find alsasink seems omit the timestamp.
In gstbaseaudiosink.c  gst_base_audio_sink_event function,
        /* we only need the rate */
      gst_event_parse_new_segment_full (event, NULL, &rate, NULL, NULL,
          NULL, NULL, NULL);

  how to solve the blocking issue, is there any tricky?

  Thanks in advance!