[gst-devel] ogg EOS

ahalda at cs.mcgill.ca ahalda at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 19 02:08:13 CET 2007

Hi,

I've just started with gstreamer and ogg libraries this weekend, so sorry
if this is obvious...

I am trying to play ogg music files with multiple songs in them, or
example internet radio streams. The problem is that once one song is over,
an EOS event is sent and my pipeline shuts down, so the next song is never
played.
In gstreamer 0.8 this doesn't happen, but I just installed gstreamer 0.10.12
and it does. I saw it when making a vorbis/ogg pipeline by hand like in
the documentation example, but I think you see the same effect from
playbin stopping in the same way. EG:
gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=/path/to/ogg/radio/stream.ogg
It stops after the first song finishes.

Also, for similar icy/mp3 streams (decoded by the icydemux and mad
elements), this does not happen (the next song plays, no EOS).

So, is the new version of the ogg demux doing the right thing by sending
an EOS? And if so, what is the best way to get it to go on to the next
song?

Allan