[gst-devel] x264 plugin patch and a couple of questions

Roman Ekjanov gst at june31.com
Thu Mar 29 01:35:50 CEST 2007

Hi Michal
I have created a simple patch for new x264 encoder plugin. It adds the
code which forwards log messages from libx264 to gst log subsystem,
maybe you will find it usefull.
I also have a couple of questions about this plugin
Why do you need to add one frame period to pts when b-frames are used?
You use timestamp queue to store/retrive buffer durations. But the
order of encoded frames can be different from the order of the
incoming buffers. I think you should lookup a queue entry with
timestamp equal to the pts of output picture, not just use the queue
as a ring buffer. Although I am not sure what practical value those
buffer durations have.
Anyway, thank you for your contribution, it is nice that we have an
encoder for this very important standard.
---
   Roma