[gst-devel] gstreamer: streaming : audio and video synchronization

Matthieu LAURENT matthieu.laurent at purplelabs.com
Thu Mar 29 10:18:16 CEST 2007

Hi,

I know gstreamer a little bit (already done a local audio/video player
for our target) and I am studying the possibility to use it for our
streaming solution.
Could you explain me how the synchronisation between audio and video is
done?
In fact, there 2 independant pipes (so 2 lives sources)
udp | rtp | depayloader-audio | audio-decoder | audio-sink
and
udp | rtp | depayloader-video | video-decoder | video-sink

Imagine the video-pipe  goes to state rebuffering. How does the
audio-pipe know  it has to stop  playing audio? How will  it know it can
restart playing (once enough video has been bufferized)?

regards
Matthieu LAURENT