[gst-devel] Java Binding

Daniele Dellafiore ildella at gmail.com
Tue May 8 20:35:18 CEST 2007

Hi.

I am interested in GS java binding but the status of the code is two
years old and is abandoned.

Python binding instead is in active development and almost aligned
with gstreamer release.

I am interested in using gstreamer in a java application and I am
wondering what are the possible ways:

1. using the old java binding and working on it
2. using python binding via jython http://www.jython.org/docs/jythonc.html

First way should be really hard while second should be a chance to
bring the good work of python binding to the java world with a few
effort.

I would like to listen your opinion.
Consider that I am not familiar in writing native bindings in java
(option 1) nor with jython and such so my skills are not important in
the decision.