[gst-devel] GStreamer core compile using MSVC

KwangYul Seo kwangyul.seo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 07:41:34 CET 2007

Hello,

I am trying to build gstreamer-0.10.14 using MSVC++ 6.0. I used
win32/vs6/gstreamer.dsw. MSVC reposnded with linkage errors. For example,
gst_type_register_static_full() in gstutils.c is referenced by libgstbase,
but MSVC couldn't find the function. After I appended GST_EXPORT to the
delcration of gst_type_register_static_full, it worked. After I put
GST_EXPORT to many functions which caused linkage errors, I could compile
the gstreamer.

Is this the right thing to do?

Thanks,
Kwang Yul Seo.