[gst-devel] v4l2src not working when pipeline is placed in a bin, but it works for videotestsrc

Jaap Haitsma jaap at haitsma.org
Sun Oct 7 18:32:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a v4l2src (a webcam) to work when it's part
of a bin and subsequently placed in a pipeline the attached code is a
minimal example, where it occurs. (put Makefile and gst-bin-test.c in
a directory and run make)

If you compile the example like this it doesn't work for me.

On line 6 and 7 there are two defines

#define PUT_IN_BIN
#define V4L2SRC

If I  comment the PUT_IN_BIN my webcam works correctly, because the
elements are not put in a bin

If I comment the V4L2SRC the program correctly displays the test
source no matter if everything is in a bin or in a pipeline (so it
does not matter if you comment out PUT_IN_BIN)

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? Or is this a bug?

Thanks

Jaap