[gst-devel] How to detect keyframes absolute binary offsets on-the-fly ?

Florent THIERY fthiery at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 16:14:09 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I'm looking for a way to parse an encoded file/stream on the fly and
get the absolute binary offset of keyframes (h.264 and/or FLV file
format).

As far as i know, i can either:
* do it directly in the encoding/muxing step (if i find a way to emit
some signal when the encoder is on a I/key-frame)
* or use/modify a file format parser (like h264 parse) after the
encoder, and locate the binary strings corresponding to the beginning
of the keyframes

Any hints ? I'm afraid this one's a tough one...

Thanks anyway,

Florent