[gst-devel] writing sample plugin

Benoit Fouet benoit.fouet at purplelabs.com
Wed Oct 24 16:32:42 CEST 2007

Hi,

Vinod Nanjaiah wrote:
> Hi Ben,
> Thanks for the super fast reply :)

please keep the list as CC (btw, can't the reply-to be filled when a
mail is sent by the list ?)

> If you meant that I should have included the "gst/gstconfig.h" file, then I
> did try that. But it still gave the same error.

no, i think it's in config.h

> However, I tried defining PACKAGE, like you said, and it compiles fine.
>
> Then, I used "gcc -shared" to build the plugin and copied my plugin to the
> path where gstreamer libraries are installed.
>
> But, when I try to create a pipeline with this plugin, it says element not
> found (WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "myfilter").
> Is there anything more that needs to be done to be able to use this plugin?

without seeing the code, it's really hard to answer...
if you use the registry, i guess there is something to do to register
your plugin library in it.
if not, you have to load the library (with gst_plugin_load_file)

[snip]

--
Ben
Purple Labs S.A.