[gst-devel] GstElement *thread

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sat Sep 1 12:29:01 CEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 12:44 +0800, 陈终 wrote:

Hi,

> I am learning GStreamer, reading the GStreamer Application Development
> Manual (0.10.12.1),and there is a sample in Chanpter20.'XML in
> GStreamer' in the Manual about thread element.
>  (...)
> when i excute this program, the value of thread and thread2 are both
> 0, use "gst-inspect thread",the result is "no such element or
> plugins".
>
> I don't know how to solve this problem,could somebody help me?
> Thanks!

I'm afraid this part of the documentation was written for GStreamer-0.8
and has never been updated for GStreamer-0.10.  There is no 'thread'
element any more in GStreamer-0.10.  In fact, it's probably best to
ignore the entire chapter.  While the XML serialisation/deserialisation
API still exists, it is (at least to my knowledge) pretty much untested
and probably broken for anything but the most simple use cases.

Please create a new bug for the 'documentation' component so we don't
forget to fix this (http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/bugs/) - thanks!

Cheers
 -Tim