[gst-devel] typefind and modifying a running stream (python bindings)

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 22:01:48 CEST 2007

Okay, so I've answered some of these for myself, thanks to the
excellent C API documentation, but I'm still having trouble on a
couple counts:

On 9/10/07, Daniel Lenski <dlenski at gmail.com> wrote:
> * Typefind identifies MP3 files as application/id3 sometimes, rather than audio/mpeg.  Is there a more correct and reliable way to identify an MP3 stream?

Still haven't figured this one out :-(  What's the most appropriate
way to identify an incoming stream as MP3 or Ogg Vorbis or whatever?

> * How can I identify the duration of the stream processed by the pipeline?   pipeline.get_clock() seems to keep track of the REAL time, rather than the amount of audio processed.

So, now I've figured out how to use pipeline.query_position().  Handy!
 However, I'd like to know if there is a way to install a callback
that will get called when the stream reaches a specific position... so
that I can avoid repeatedly polling.

Thanks for any advice!

Dan