[gst-devel] gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 13:03:36 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 16:14 +0530, karmendra jain wrote:

> How to pass the output string of GST_DEBUG_OBJECT to the screen
> (monitor /stderr)
>
> ie GST_DEBUG_OBJECT(MyFilterObject, "string...... "); to the screen
> Ps: i tried --gst-debug=myelement:5 .. but its not working

Put this at the top of your myfilter.c file after all the includes:

GST_DEBUG_CATEGORY_STATIC (my_filter_debug);
#define GST_CAT_DEFAULT my_filter_debug

and this in your plugin_init function or _get_type() function or so:

GST_DEBUG_CATEGORY_INIT (my_filter_debug, "myfilter", 0, "my filter
element");

Also make sure your application passes the command line arguments to
gst_init() correctly.  If not, use the GST_DEBUG environment variable,
e.g.:

  $ GST_DEBUG=myfilter:5 ./yourapp

Cheers
 -Tim