[gst-devel] GStreamer segfaults :-(

Sander Marechal s.marechal at jejik.com
Fri Sep 14 01:34:26 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am writing a small Python jukebox daemon, but I have a problem with
GStreamer segfaulting often. This happens when the jukebox switches
songs. Sometimes it switches songs without problems, but on other times
I get a segfault.

I've ran my jukebox in gdb with the environment variables
GST_DEBUG=3,python:5,gnl*:5 and included the debug output and backtrace.

If you need the code that caused this segfault, you can find it at:
http://svn.jejik.com/viewvc.cgi/jukebox/trunk/?pathrev=14

I really don't have much experience with gdb, let alone trying to
backtrace a complicated multithreaded app like GStreamer. But to me, it
looks like it's segfaulting at gst_collect_pads_pop() somewhere inside
the GStreamer base.

Does anyone have a clue what's going wrong here? If you need more
information from me (like, a  sketch of my pipeline in ASCII art or
something) please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

--
Sander Marechal