[gst-devel] Dynamic pipeline problem

Dominique Würtz dwuertz at gmx.net
Thu Sep 27 22:12:06 CEST 2007

Hi,

in my GStreamer/GNonlin-based project (some multi-track audio application), I
need to add/remove elements to/from the main pipeline while in PLAYING or PAUSED
state. Until now this works quite unreliably and results in occasional
freezes/crashes.

To give you an idea of how my pipeline works, I attached a Python script which
runs a pipeline and constantly adds and removes "tracks" (which here correspond
to gnonlin compositions). For me this works only for a few seconds. I guess
there are some additional checks missing at various places in my code, but I
have no clue where to find documentation about this. Can anybody help me to get
my test script working flawlessly?

I'm using the latest Gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/gnonline releases.

Regards,

Dominique