[gst-devel] Gstreamer queries

Praveen Kumar appraveen78 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 11:58:17 CEST 2007

Hi ,

I have following queries regarding GStreamer. Please help me in this regard.

1. How will application choose between plug-ins which are already existing and
   newly implemented  plug-in of same kind.

2. Do we always need to give different element factory names for each
element in a
   pipeline. Assume pipeline has 3 elements. Whats is the
implication/purpose of  giving 3 different names for 3 elements
creation?
   What is the effect in giving one factory name  for all 3 elements creation?

3. Difference in linking elements present in a bin and linking pads
present in the respective elements.

regards,
-Praveen