[gst-devel] Looking for someone who can code a (small ?) app for me…

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Fri Apr 11 14:18:59 CEST 2008

Hello

A number of applications, used esp. by researchers in human
interaction,  exist that offer at least the core features that you need
(annotation of video material) : Anvil, ELAN, etc. You may find useful
information in the http://multimodal-annotation.org/ workshop.

I would also like to point out Advene ( http://www.advene.org/ ), the
project that we have been developing for a while, which also fits many
of your requirements and moreover fulfills some more technical points
(free software - GPL, developped in python, using gstreamer). It offers
the possibility to annotate audiovisual documents, either with text,
structured annotation or with SVG graphics, and further process the
annotations (search them, produce documents from them, etc).

Note that the SVG annotation can only be rendered using the VLC player
module for the moment (which does not allow frame-by-frame navigation),
but I am following the discussion about the implementation of
gstgdkpixbufoverlay, which would make it easy to have the functionality
with gstreamer too.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Olivier