[gst-devel] decodebin caps troubles with rtspsrc source

Nicolas Aguirre aguirre.nicolas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 14:11:38 CEST 2008

Le vendredi 18 avril 2008 à 10:43 -0400, Nick Haddad a écrit :
> Nicolas,
>
> Getting the capabilities of an incoming pad will give you a set of
> possible pad templates that you can use when making decisions about
> how to do connect the decode bin output pads to other elements.
>
> Instead, I think you want to use the gst_pad_get_negotiated_caps on
> the "sink" pad of your fakesink.  Do this after you've already
> linked
> the decodebin's pad to your fakesink so that the sink pads caps are
> negotiated properly.  You should get fixed caps at this point, with
> width, height values that don't contain ranges.
>
> -Nick

Hi,

and thanks for your answer.
I try gst_pad_get_negotiated_caps on the sink of fakesink, just after
have linked decodebin src_pad and queue sink, but this caps are always
NULL. It's like pad caps were not negociated properly.
Link between new_pad and fakesink sink pad is GST_PAD_LINK_WAS_LINKED so
i think that linked is done properly. Maybe they are some sigals that I
can connect to be notified when caps are negotiated ?

attached my test program modifed after your answer.

regards,
Nicolas