[gst-devel] RELEASE: GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.8 'One For The Money'
jan.schmidt at sun.com
jan.schmidt at sun.com
Thu Apr 24 02:48:19 CEST 2008
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.8 'One For The Money'.
GStreamer Good Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that we consider to have good
quality code and correct functionality, under our preferred license (LGPL for
the plug-in code, LGPL or LGPL-compatible for the supporting library).
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-good.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-good
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Good Plug-insÂ 0.10.8 "One For The Money"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the GStreamer Good Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users,
parallel installable with the older 0.8.x series.
"Such ingratitude. After all the times I've saved your life."
A collection of plug-ins you'd want to have right next to you on the
battlefield. Shooting sharp and making no mistakes, these plug-ins have it
all: good looks, good code, and good licensing. Documented and dressed up
in tests. If you're looking for a role model to base your own plug-in on,
here it is.
If you find a plot hole or a badly lip-synced line of code in them,
let us know - it is a matter of honour for us to ensure Blondie doesn't look
like he's been walking 100 miles through the desert without water.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that we consider to have good quality
code, correct functionality, our preferred license (LGPL for the plug-in
code, LGPL or LGPL-compatible for the supporting library).
We believe distributors can safely ship these plug-ins.
People writing elements should base their code on these elements.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* The libsoup based http source moved from the -bad module and was raised to primary rank
* GOOM visualisation plugin updated to Goom2k4
* Fixes in UDP, RTSP, matroska, QT/mov, AVI, v4l2, OS/X, SunAudio, mulaw and wavpack
* New gdkpixbuf output for snapshotting
* Various other bug-fixes
Bugs fixed in this release
* 516509 : gstid3v2mux.cc build failure on Solaris, CFLAGS not valid...
* 515978 : [ladspa] Should be removed from -good until it's ready to...
* 516649 : [v4l2src] tries to VIDIOC_S_PARM without checking capabil...
* 517237 : [rtspsrc] Better error when bandwidth is too small
* 517933 : [tests] trivial C89 fix
* 518188 : [spectrum] " message " property documentation unclear
* 518213 : [goom2k4] artefacts on x86-64
* 518564 : goom dies with illegal instruction
* 519088 : gst_mulawdec_chain() may call gst_util_uint64_scale_int()...
* 519417 : Unable to modify DEFAULT_VIDEOSRC in configure
* 520073 : [goom] (goom2k4) shows mostly black frames
* 520764 : double buffer unref in speexenc error handling
* 520880 : audiofx doesn't build on Windows/MSVC
* 520888 : udpsrc has some issues on Windows
* 521102 : h.263+ rtp depayloader crashes on short payloads
* 521875 : [osssrc] recording corrupts upon _get_caps
* 522278 : Problem with " movq " at file gst-plugins-good/gst/goom/xmmx.c
* 522767 : [goom] does not build on ppc
* 523124 : [PLUGIN-MOVE] move souphttpsrc from -bad to -good
* 523134 : osxvideosink does not stop when you control-C
* 524593 : [sunaudio] fix mixer track range
* 525359 : [alaw] [mulaw] Use gst_pad_alloc_buffer_and_set_caps to c...
* 525833 : [halaudiosrc] unable to get mic USB working with gnome-so...
* 525860 : [sunaudio] copyright fixes
* 525946 : [gdkpixbuf] add gdkpixbufsink element
* 526557 : [matroskademux] seeking regression in CVS
* 527848 : [souphttpsrc] Give souphttpsrc PRIMARY rank
* 527984 : Doesn't dist all m4 files needed by configure.ac
* 527999 : [goom] Doesn't dist goomsl.h
* 528143 : [goom] fails to build on 32-bit ppc
* 528615 : Hide goom2k4 logo
* 529268 : [goom] States unit test exposes some memory leaks
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-good in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Andy Wingo
* Bastien Nocera
* Brian Cameron
* Christian Schaller
* Damien Lespiau
* David Schleef
* Edgard Lima
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Jens Granseuer
* Julien Moutte
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Mersad Jelacic
* Michael Smith
* Ole AndrÃ© Vadla RavnÃ¥s
* Olivier Crete
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Stefan Kost
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* William M. Brack
* Wim Taymans
More information about the gstreamer-devel