[gst-devel] RELEASE: GStreamer Bad Plug-ins 0.10.7 'House of Cards'
jan.schmidt at sun.com
jan.schmidt at sun.com
Thu Apr 24 02:48:47 CEST 2008
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Bad Plug-ins 0.10.7 'House of Cards'.
GStreamer Bad Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that aren't up to par compared to
the rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing
something - be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a
real live maintainer, or some actual wide use.
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-bad.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-bad
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Bad Plug-insÂ 0.10.7 "House of Cards"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the GStreamer Bad Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is, parallel installable with the older 0.8.x series.
"That an accusation?"
No perfectly groomed moustache or any amount of fine clothing is going to
cover up the truth - these plug-ins are Bad with a capital B.
They look fine on the outside, and might even appear to get the job done, but
at the end of the day they're a black sheep. Without a golden-haired angel
to watch over them, they'll probably land in an unmarked grave at the final
Don't bug us about their quality - exercise your Free Software rights,
patch up the offender and send us the patch on the fastest steed you can
steal from the Confederates. Because you see, in this world, there's two
kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns and those who dig.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that aren't up to par compared to the
rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing something
- be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a real live
maintainer, or some actual wide use. If the blanks are filled in they might be
upgraded to become part of either gst-plugins-good or gst-plugins-ugly,
depending on the other factors.
If the plug-ins break, you can't complain - instead, you can fix the
problem and send us a patch, or bribe someone into fixing them for you.
New contributors can start here for things to work on.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
Features of this release
* OSS v4 support
* libdc1394 2.0.0 support
* AAC support fixes
* RTP support improved
* New OFA element
* SRT subtitle encoder added
* Windows Inet support for http/ftp
* Fixes in dc1394, MIDI, MPEG-2 encoding, MythTV input, NAS
* Fixes in Bayer decoder, replaygain analysis, GSM decoder
* DVB/MPEG-TS support improved
* NSF decoder updated
* 'metadata' plugin enhancements
* Dirac encoder ported to libschroedinger
* mplex element ported to 0.10
* VCD/CDXA parser ported to 0.10
* Directshow wrapper improvements
* 'selector' plugin enhancements
* souphttpsrc moved to the -good module
* Various other fixes and enhancements
Bugs fixed in this release
* 498237 : nsfdec crash with SK8ORDIE.
* 529378 : faad leaks GstAudioChannelPosition
* 351309 : New Element: gst-puid
* 469979 : [faad] Could not map channel positions - setting caps on ...
* 494499 : replaygain analysis slowdown on low volume (denormals)
* 514948 : [souphttpsrc] configurable buffer size setting and zero-copy
* 514964 : [dc1394] port to new stable 2.0.x API
* 517937 : various C89 fixes
* 518227 : test/icles/metadata_editor.c does not compile on Windows
* 518722 : [souphttpsrc] append cookie headers to HTTP request
* 519905 : [mvedemux] fix audio discontinuity
* 520329 : [PATCH] mjpegtools: mplex ported to 0.10 and mpeg2enc upd...
* 520626 : Implement collision and loop detection in rtpmanager
* 520892 : [dshowvideosrc] latency and shutdown improvements
* 520894 : rtpmanager rtcp thread shutdown deadlock
* 520897 : new element: wininetsrc
* 521749 : [souphttpsrc] unit test fails on mandriva cooker
* 522134 : [souphttpsrc] Playback should continue seamlessly on serv...
* 522212 : wrong origin
* 522884 : gstneonhttpsrc does not handle the HTTP status 303 correc...
* 523854 : [souphttpsrc] Glitches and crackling when playing things ...
* 524035 : [neonhttpsrc] fails to compile with libneon 0.28.x
* 525271 : [new plugin] srtenc
* 526337 : souphttpsrc ignores connections error
* 527622 : [flvdemux] crash in FLV demuxer
* 528000 : [timidity] Doesn't dist all files correctly
* 528011 : [dc1394] Shouldn't be included in the states test
* 528245 : rtpbin element leaks
* 528266 : [ofa] Unit test fails because of different fingerprints
* 528614 : timeout introduced in poll loop for fd in dvbsrc causes b...
* 529283 : [ofa] Unit test leaks tag string
* 529285 : [rganalysis] Unit test leaks a GstTagList
* 517854 : DirectFB check fails
* 517895 : nas plugin no longer builds (configure.ac error)
* 517896 : PATCH: fix building of mpeg2enc plugin with even newer mj...
* 525100 : does not build with --disable-external
* 481354 : [wavparse] does not play 700Hz GSM 6.10 wav file
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-bad in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Andreas Henriksson
* Andy Wingo
* Damien Lespiau
* Daniel Fischer
* David Schleef
* Ed Catmur
* Edgard Lima
* Edward Hervey
* Emilio Pozuelo Monfort
* Eric Buehl
* Jan Schmidt
* Jan de Groot
* Jens Granseuer
* Julien Moutte
* Kapil Agrawal
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Ole AndrÃ© Vadla RavnÃ¥s
* Olivier Crete
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Rene Stadler
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Sjoerd Simons
* Stefan Kost
* Thijs Vermeir
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* William M. Brack
* Wim Taymans
* Wouter Cloetens
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the gstreamer-devel