[gst-devel] gst-inspect cannot find any Plugins

Thomas Winkler wi-tom at gmx.de
Fri Apr 25 15:50:57 CEST 2008

Hi,
My Gstreamer-Problem still exists.

I've installed the packages in following order:
- glib-2.16.2
- libxml2-2.6.32
- gstreamer-0.10.18

...into a clear toolchain with gcc-4.2.0 also with glibc and libstdc++
And into the target-system (sysroot) I've also installed libc

It makes no difference if I install any more plugins, so if I install the
gst-plugins-base, gst-plugins-bad, gst-plugins-good, gst-plugins-ugly - with
their dependencies - then I get also just the plugin "staticelements" -
nothing more....

I think it isn't the problem that there are no more plugins installed - I
think gstreamer's gst-inspect doesn't work right on my targetsystem and I
want to find out what's going wrong - maybe false configure???
Any forgotten Environment to set before building / configuring???

I'd be happy about other proposals...

Best regards,
Thomas