[gst-devel] RELEASE: GStreamer Bad Plug-ins 0.10.8 'Vapour Trails'
thaytan at noraisin.net
thaytan at noraisin.net
Fri Aug 1 00:25:17 CEST 2008
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Bad Plug-ins 0.10.8 'Vapour Trails'.
GStreamer Bad Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that aren't up to par compared to
the rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing
something - be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a
real live maintainer, or some actual wide use.
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-bad.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-bad
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Bad Plug-insÂ 0.10.8 "Vapour Trails"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Bad Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"That an accusation?"
No perfectly groomed moustache or any amount of fine clothing is going to
cover up the truth - these plug-ins are Bad with a capital B.
They look fine on the outside, and might even appear to get the job done, but
at the end of the day they're a black sheep. Without a golden-haired angel
to watch over them, they'll probably land in an unmarked grave at the final
Don't bug us about their quality - exercise your Free Software rights,
patch up the offender and send us the patch on the fastest steed you can
steal from the Confederates. Because you see, in this world, there's two
kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns and those who dig.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that aren't up to par compared to the
rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing something
- be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a real live
maintainer, or some actual wide use. If the blanks are filled in they might be
upgraded to become part of either gst-plugins-good or gst-plugins-ugly,
depending on the other factors.
If the plug-ins break, you can't complain - instead, you can fix the
problem and send us a patch, or bribe someone into fixing them for you.
New contributors can start here for things to work on.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
Features of this release
* Support shared desktops in RFB input
* Make the Quicktime codec wrapper work on win32
* Experimental DVD navigation support
* Support AAC/H.264 in FLV files
* Fixes in the DirectShow codec wrapper
* Fix the Real codec wrapper plugin
* New deinterlace2 plugin incorporating TVtime deinterlacers
* Handle seeking, timestamps, duration in RAW video/audio parsers
* New DirectShow video sink for Win32
* FAAD reverse playback support
* OSS4 support improvements
* MythTV seeking support
* SPC decoder now supports seeking, tags and duration queries
* Replaygain elements moved to Good
* Deinterleave/interleave elements fixed and moved to Good
* MPEG-4 video stream parser fixes
* Improved MPEG-TS parsing for DVB support
* Improvements in App source/sink
* RTP manager enhancements
Bugs fixed in this release
* 533736 : [mythtvsrc] Seeking doesn't work
* 544050 : ext/timidity/gsttimidity.c : ISO C90 forbids mixed decla...
* 454151 : SPC plugin enhancements (patch)
* 506594 : [interleave] doesn't work with channels > 1
* 521392 : Proposed patches for bayer2rgb encoding
* 525613 : [wildmidi] [PATCH] initializes library multiple times
* 528618 : amrwb plugin do not build without warning with the 3ggp s...
* 529359 : BBC Real Audio stream is just noise
* 530611 : [gstsrtenc] declare variables at beginning of block
* 531840 : QuickTime wrapper doesn't work on Win32
* 531955 : gstrtpsession doesn't send RTCP bye on EOS
* 532723 : mpeg4videoparse should parse the codec data
* 533435 : wildmidi does not work
* 533559 : mpeg4videoparse should skip garbage
* 535043 : VCD plugin only plays first track
* 536042 : mpeg4videoparse broken on big endian architectures
* 536258 : interleave doesn't close properly
* 536856 : rtpmanager deadlocks when receiving new data while going ...
* 538560 : [mpegtsparse] static caps reference counter incremented i...
* 539292 : memory leak in mpegtsparse
* 539601 : [realvideodec] not-negotiated error if codec lib isn't found
* 541522 : cross mingw32 gcc: festival plugin compilation fix
* 541543 : fix HAVE_OSS4 detection code in configure.ac
* 543286 : deinterlace2 doesn't build outside gcc
* 543846 : [resindvd] Impossible to build from the first configure r...
* 543848 : [ladspa] Needs to link with -ldl for dlopen() and friends
* 543860 : [modplug] Uses CFLAGS for CXXFLAGS
* 543861 : [resindvd] Some files not disted
* 544457 : -bad doesn't compile with MSVC
* 526905 : [musepack] Port to the new libmpcdec API
* 532011 : Deadlock in rtpsession
* 536309 : Seeking in pipeline with videoparse crashes
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-bad in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Alessandro Decina
* Andy Wingo
* Bastien Nocera
* Brian Koropoff
* Clive Wright
* Damien Lespiau
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* HÃ¥vard Graff
* Ilja Pavkovic
* Jan Schmidt
* Jens Granseuer
* Julien Moutte
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Martin Eikermann
* Michael Smith
* Ole AndrÃ© Vadla RavnÃ¥s
* Olivier Crete
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Ryan Houdek
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Sebastian PÃ¶lsterl
* Sebastien Merle
* Sjoerd Simons
* Stefan Kost
* Thijs Vermeir
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the gstreamer-devel