[gst-devel] Gstreamer HD Supported Codecs

Ash hashbrown100 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 2 07:11:51 CEST 2008

Is there a way to see all gstreamer plugins/codecs available out there? I seem to have a hard time to find one if it is not in my package manager's source repositories. > From: chalserogers at gmail.com> To: gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net> Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 13:57:37 +1000> Subject: Re: [gst-devel] Gstreamer HD Supported Codecs> > On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 16:57 +0000, Ash wrote:> > Is there a way to find out all HD formats supported by gstreamer> > plugins? Such as WMV-HD or h264-Hd. 720p and 1080p? I've been trying> > to search but can't find anything useful. For example the wmv plugin> > from ffmpeg-gstreamer supports 1080 content but theres no way of> > knowing as far as i know until you try to play a 1080 file.> > Codecs rarely care about the size of their input (except for often> requiring the input sizes to be multiples of two). If ffmpeg can decode> 320x240 wmv, it can decode 2048x2048 wmv, too.> > The decoder might not be fast enough to decode 1080p content in> real-time, but that's a limitation of the system you are using it on,> not the decoder itself. It's also difficult to work out without trying> to decode; some streams using identical codecs are more CPU intensive> than others.