[gst-devel] meta data questions

Fred Warren iliketoeatpizzayeah at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 10 15:24:57 CEST 2008

Hello-

Can someone help me by answering a few questions I have about gstreamer?
thanks.

1. I gather that gstreamer can get meta data from media files. Can someone provide an example(pygst, please) on how to get metadata from files as a reference point?

2. What kinds of tags/file types can gstreamer read from?

3. What is its advantage over something like lib-id3? Can it do everything lib-id3 can?

Thanks for your help,
F. Warren