[gst-devel] restructuring amr plugins

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 21:52:07 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 22:40 +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:
> hi,
>

> Zhao, Halley schrieb:
> >   Some other questions by the way:
> >   Are there any other voice codec in gst world? For example: G729, G.711, GIPS:iBLC, G.723.1 etc?

G.711 is supported already (plugins are called alawenc/alawdec and
mulawenc/mulawdec). I don't know of any free (as in copyrights, not
patents) implementation of the others. If there are, its probably pretty
easy to make a gstreamer element. Also, there exist non-free
implementations. For example, the Nokia internet tablets have G729 and
iLBC (but using proprietary dsp-based encoders/decoders).

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Collabora Ltd