[gst-devel] help! questions on gstreamer and tagging

Fred Warren iliketoeatpizzayeah at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 11 22:33:58 CEST 2008

Hello-

Can someone help me by answering a few questions I have about gstreamer?
thanks.

1.
I gather that gstreamer can get meta data from media files. Can someone
provide an example(pygst, please) on how to get metadata from files as
a reference point?

2. How can you get specific meta data(like just the duration) only?

3. What is its advantage over something like lib-id3? Can it do everything lib-id3 can?

Thanks for your help,
F. Warren